Tuesday, April 7, 2009

If I had to choose two of my friends to entrust the lives of myself and the members of my family I would choose my friend Mack Montez, and my friend Richard Godwin. I chose these individuals because they are the friends I have been able to keep the longest. I chose them for the quality of their character, and I chose them for their sake as well as my own. If I had to choose between Mack and Richard and entrust them with the lives of myself and my family I would have to choose Mack. I choose Mack simply because his head is the most firmly stuck on his shoulders.
Mack Montez, born Christmas eve 1989 has been part of my group of close friends since we were 4 years old, going to daycare at The Kid’s Playhouse. Since then he and I have established an incredible bond. Watching Mack grow from a small boy into the brilliant man he is today has been a continuing source of inspiration even to this day. Mack and I constantly give each other the advice we need, or the brutal truth as only a close friend can. From relationship advice to feuds with other friends Mack always knows just what to say in order for the situation to be resolved. By biting the bullet and breaking up with a girl who just isn’t right. To even saying we’ll wrestle this issue away. The male thought structure the tougher guy wins.
Richard Godwin, born: ten, ten, ninety as he distinctly puts it. Has been my spirit since we were first introduced, almost eleven years ago by our single parent mothers who were study buddies for a class at Walla Walla Community college. Which was our second encounter, Richard is a grade below me, and one day at Parkway elementary where we were both attending school. I saved him from a girl who had been chasing him. Looking back on it today if I were to try and do that he might kick my ass. It seems from day one we were Jay and Silent Bob, two characters from several movies directed by Kevin Smith. We were always running around telling each other everything we knew, making up games with anything and everything on hand. Richard and I have an understanding of each other that other than Mack I have yet to find. It’s not an uncommon occurrence for one of us to think about the other then shortly thereafter a phone rings, a car rolls into the driveway, or a letter arrives in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment